Belkin Micra Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dirkph, Jul 23, 2010.

1. dirkph macrumors member

Anyone have a good review on this case? It's one of the free cases offered in Apple's Case Program. I can't find any good YouTube videos or pictures. I really like the minimalistic design.

Seems like a direct competitor to the Switcheasy Nude and the Ivsykin Reception.

2. dirkph thread starter macrumors member

Anyone even order this through the Case Program yet?

3. StuLax18 macrumors 6502

4. vingengo macrumors newbie

Best looking

I got the Belkin Micra. I think it is the best looking one.
    I wanted a clear case so that you can still see/appreciate the look of the phone without covering the sides and the back.

Thanks!

5. nyghthybrid macrumors member

Why not the Incase Snap over the Belkin Shield Micra?? I'm leaning towards the Snap but I'm waiting for pictures of the Micra.

6. mugenrace macrumors newbie

7. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

Was looking at cases at Best Buy (Canada) today and surprisingly saw the Micra at the bottom of the shelf. It was the black (semi-transparent I suppose) and they didn't have the clear or any other colors. Looks like a decent case, looks similar to what the actual IvySkin Reception case looks like (bottom and top relatively open, etc). I didn't buy it since I've got the clear on order through the free case program but it does appear they're starting to make the rounds. I'm interested in seeing how it stacks up against the reception case because at first glance it appears to be a very similar case.

8. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

I bought the Griffin Motif - "smoky clear" case and for my freebie from Apple I chose the Belkin. Only problem is that I have never really liked Belkin as a company as I have found most of what they carry under their name is very low end.

I also purchased a iSkin Solo Quartz (frosty clear), put it on, and then took it off. Not a bad case but did not really do much for me. Far prefer the Motif.

9. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

You "GOT it" or you "ORDERED it?" I don't think anyone actually got one yet from the Apple freebies. The POLL posted here is asking which one was ORDERED.

10. eurotechnik macrumors newbie

11. SkottDMD macrumors 6502

Iwould just check Best Buy if possible, if they are here in Canada I'd be willing to bet they're going to be available elsewhere. I'm just a bit disappointed as it seems like the Micra and IvySkin's reception case are the same, right down to the pictures on the site being wrong (at first). Belkin's site has one shot so it's hard to say for sure though, can't remember what it looked like on the free case app.