Belkin N1 vision or Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shanec2008, Jun 1, 2009.

1. shanec2008 macrumors newbie

My router is starting to die and I'm unsure what router to get. I'm looking for a router with a strong range and I don't know if the N1 or the Airport Extreme has a stronger distance. Money isn't a big issue, I just need reasons why the Airport is better (if it is) to convince my mom. :) Please help, Thanks.:)

2. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Aside from the N1 vision, Belkin's rep is spotty. I know this is funny, but I'd say a D-Link DIR-855 is the direct competitor to an airport extreme right now, since they both do dual band. If you're not interested in the screen, the DIR-825 would do the trick as well.

Funny that, because D-Link has a spotty rep too, but not with their high end hardware. Thing is, it's just as expensive as Apple's hardware.

I have a DIR-655 myself, it's only 2.4GHz 802.11n (a little slower), but a damn solid product otherwise.

The only problem is the USB port is useless.

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Apple sells the entire experience. Belkin does not. An Airport will blend seamlessly into your Mac environment and OS X already has all the software you need to run your Airport (Airport Utility).

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

5. Santabean2000 macrumors 68000

Santabean2000

The Extreme under 10.5.7 doesn't work for me. (Express flawless though?!)

I'd recommend anything else over the Extreme at this point.:mad: