Belkin N1 vision or Airport Extreme?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shanec2008, Jun 18, 2009.

1. shanec2008 macrumors newbie

The router I have now is a crappy free router I got from my internet providers and it never has been that strong, it would never reach my bedroom, and now it's beginning to die and I need to get a new router and I was wondering if I should get the Belkin N1 vision or Airport Extreme. I looking for a router with a very strong signal because I have a pretty long house. Or if you know of a better router please help.
    Thanks. :)

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

I don't have any experience with that Belkin router, but I love my AEBS. I bought it refurbished direct from Apple, and have had zero problems with it over the last year of ownership. I get a strong signal at the other end of my apartment (20+ ft), and between that room and the base station are three walls (with pipes in two of them) and my kitchen appliances.

3. Eclipseon macrumors newbie

Lucky you for receiving the free router. My broadband company would only rent one to us for a fee :rolleyes: But why rent when you can buy? So I researched and talked with my parents about getting the Netgear Rangemax WPN824, which has served us well for nearly a year now. ^____^ During my research I discovered that it had a more than desirable range, so less prevalent problems with it being located in another room.

The great thing about it is that I could be outside and still have a signal. And if not outside, I could be in my top bunk and still stream movies without a hitch. It's perfect chemistry! :p