Belkin Network USB hub w/ Airport Express??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by elary, Sep 25, 2009.

1. elary macrumors newbie

Hello all. Sorry if this has been discussed (I searched), but I'm considering getting the Belkin wireless hub as I just bought a 13" MB Pro with a non-working (physically damaged) Firewire and USB port (the remaining USB is the "weaker" hub which is connected to iSight, keyboard, etc..)

My question is: how would this work with the Airport Express that I'm using as my wireless router?

Thanks.

2. MichaelRW macrumors newbie

Apple Airport Express

Good evening,

It depends on what you want?

I purchased an Airport Express a short while ago and I have only been able to connect to an existing network. This allows me to stream music and share a USB-printer using the Bonjour service for both my Apple and PC systems. I have had no luck extending my Belkin Wireless-g network; something I wanted and thought I could do.

I could connect my wireless router to the Airport Express using ethernet cable, but I simply do not want to. I bought the device under the impression it was possible to interconnect these two devices using the wireless distribution system (WDS). Alas, numerous individuals have said it is possible, but only with a handful of devices (apparently my Belkin device, Model: F5D7231-4), or only Apple devices communicate properly.

Along my travels I have found several posts outlining possible Airport configurations, each being so esoteric that I wonder if people have their Airports working properly or they simply believe they are working. It makes me wonder...

I have not given up. I will find the right configuration.

Michael.