Belkin screen protector fitted by Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chillip, Apr 5, 2017.

1. chillip macrumors 6502

Just had a one of these fitted to my 7 and it doesn't seem to fill the viewing area of the screen with gaps either side. Is this normal for the belkin SP?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's normal for ZAG Invisible Shield glass so I'd have to say it's probably normal for yours. Unless you find a product that is specifically edge to edge most of them have a slight area not covered on all four sides.

Since the glass is curved in those areas it's difficult to manufacture I imagine.

3. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

I just mean the actual screen. The viewing area.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Can you take a picture then?

5. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

Mine fits perfectly. It fills the viewing area. The rest of it open for case compatibility and to ensure that it lays flat across the screen. The edges of the glass begin to curve towards the edges of the phone and if the glass protector was much (if any) wider, then it would not sit flat against the glass. That's an even bigger problem in my books.

6. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what I mean and it was fitted by Apple today. They said it's normal.

Attached Files:

7. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

I've read a few posts from January that say that belkin is releasing a version that covers the whole of the viewable screen but that's all I know.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Yes. It's normal. This is why I prefer edge to edge protectors. With the non edge to edge or flat variants, there are really two choices: not entirely covering the LCD or having air bubbles/gaps around the edges.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 6, 2017 ---
    That seems worse than what I've seen on others'. Is it the same on both sides or worse on one side than the other?

9. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

Yes, this has been an issue since release. I still have Belkin protector on from release, but the gaps on the edges are annoying. I did contact Belkin and they sent me a $40 refund check as they are aware of the error.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 6, 2017 ---
    I posted pictures a few months ago which showed the difference of the Belkin on my 6S vs the Belkin on the 7.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-store-belkin-tempered-glass.1997241/page-2#post-23647256

10. Peter K. macrumors 6502a

Peter K.

I couldn't live with that.

11. antnee macrumors regular

get your money back that was either placed wrong or is horrible.

12. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

Woah. That doesn't look right at all. I would be getting that replaced if it were me. Mine covers the LCD PERFECTLY.

13. Shark5150 macrumors 6502a

Shark5150

14. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you both have belkin invisiglass ultra fitted at Apple Store?

15. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

This is the one I have. I had it installed on release day and Belkin had claimed they were going to be revising the fit and releasing a new product which to my knowledge, never happened. That is why they sent me a $40 refund check, so I could go to the Apple Store when the new version was released and purchase a new one.

16. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

As does mine - not sure what went wrong for you.

17. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

So some say the Belkin SP fitted by apple is fine and some, like me say to narrorw. So which is it? Do I go back and get them to fit it again. Fitnent was perfect. It was obviously to narrow for the screen.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 7, 2017 ---
    And I'm only on about the iPhone 7!

18. blcfla macrumors regular

I have this on my 7 as well, I purchased the phone via Swappa and the gentleman had it installed on launch day @ the Apple store. The feel and quality of the glass is good but it indeed is a little too narrow. I had cheaper glass protectors on my 6 & 6S and they even had a bit more coverage.

19. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm going to attempt to fit my own, got to be better than the crap apple sells and cheaper!