Belkin Snap Shield and Apple Smart Cover

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by UnseenLlama, Mar 28, 2012.

1. UnseenLlama macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Purchased both a Belkin Snap Shield and Apple Smart Cover from Frys today to use with the new iPad (3rd gen). The Belkin case fits perfectly and also comes with the metal to hold the Smart Cover in place. It was designed for the iPad 2. This is a fairly minimal setup, but it's what I prefer. Just wanted to show pictures for others trying to decide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ethanw macrumors newbie

the belkin mag snap shield you got is ipad2 version but works on ipad3?

3. linsam macrumors 6502

linsam

My husband had that case on his iPad 2. It was a super tight fit and cracked. I cannot imaging it fitting the iPad 3. Sorry, but I see cracks in your near future. Otherwise, the combo looks awesome.

4. UnseenLlama thread starter macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Yes. It said it was for the iPad 2 but fits perfect for the 3rd gen iPad.

----------

Will definitely update this thread if there are cracks in the future. As of now, the case does not seem to bulge at all. There is no stress in the parts that go over the sides of the iPad.

5. DARK N00DLE macrumors newbie

I have the Incase version of this and it was also designed for the Ipad 2, it works perfectly it was a little struggle to get it on but I've had no issues with it, no cracking either.

6. pbateman.as macrumors member

pbateman.as

Been using the iPad 2 version on my 3rd generation iPad for weeks and no cracks or issues.

7. orlandocano macrumors regular

Check your iPads corners! i used this exact same setup on my iPad3 -- and after 3 weeks, an ugly "rub" scratch showed up on the top corner on the camera side of the iPad. I already have the iPad3 version of this case on order because I like it.. but it scratched my iPad because it is too tight..

8. ivada macrumors member

I concur. IT WILL CRACK! Sorry.