Belkin snap shield ipad 2 on 3 looks great!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Sharkoid, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Sharkoid macrumors member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks and feels great had to apply some pressure to get one of lips on but I must say it looks sexy with the black smart cover... very sleek and slim.

2. batotman macrumors 6502

Looks pretty nice but the reviews were pretty bad due to cracking.

3. rwings01 macrumors regular

Looks great, love it:D I have a similar setup, just I bought the snapshield secure/black leather smart cover.

4. Sharkoid thread starter macrumors member

Hopefully mine doesnt crack, and if it does I will just hold onto it till the "real" ipad 3 version comes out. :) But for now im pretty happy with they way it looks.

5. mgford11 macrumors member

Had mine 48 hours, went to take it off to get rid of a little speck of dust, cracked a corner. Going back to the store until a 'made for "the new ipad"' case comes out.

edit; full disclosure - I've owned 2 other snap shields and none of them ever cracked on me on my ipad 2's.

6. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

I ordered one and should get it today. The snap shield secure version.
    Hope it fits. Will let you guys know.

7. eternalife macrumors regular

I have the exact same setup. I bought the parts on sale at Target yesterday - $19.99 for the shield. I tried a folio style case but it was just too bulky for me. I think the magnetic catch on the back is a must have. Any others offer this?

8. jazzy639 macrumors member

Looks good but because of cracking think I'll wait for the new one to be released.

I presume the advantage of a back shield like this is that you can take off the smart cover and just hold the iPad without the smart cover getting in the way?

9. tdream macrumors 65816

It may be cracking because the back is a slightly different size from the iPad 2 even though it looks almost the same.