Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by vlad427, Mar 17, 2012.
Just an FYI if you guys wanted to see how "Belkin SnapShield for Ipad2" would fit the new Ipad.
In other words, it doesn't?
That edge is supposed to be covered.
It doesnt fit because they are coming out with a new iPad version. Just don't know when...
I have it preordered from amazon....
Anyone know how well this holds the smart cover to the back of the iPad?
I picked it one up at Target ready to return it if it didn't fit.
It fits perfectly.
Not sure what he is doing wrong but I have no issues with mine.
Mine was the Snap Shield Secure but it should be the same fit.
Do you by any chance have a smart cover with yours?
Yep, I picked up the official Apple Navy Leather one to pair with it.
I do not have any issue with mine, I think it fits perfectly
Same here, I bought the Belkin snap shield secure & the black leather smart cover and it fits perfectly. I posted pics in the Icipio Smartfeather thread, go take a look. I love this combo, keeps it on the slim side .
Belkins site re: snap shield 3 "for iPad 3":
The more form fitting a case is the more likely that 0.6mm depth difference between ipad2 & 3 is going to matter. I almost picked up an iPad 2 snap shield at Best Buy for my third gen (they are on clearance); glad I didn't.
I have one but it doesn't fit the new iPad just like the original poster. How did you get it to fit?... The new iPad is too thick for the iPad2 shield, when I clip on the 4 edges, it bulk out on the sides.
Here's the new one on Belkin's site: http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=650033
Pre ordered mine on amazon also. http://www.belkin.com/uk/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=600910
Bought a clear iPad 3 one today in the uk. Pretty good so far.
In another post I had "confirmed" that the Snap Shield 2 fits the iPad 3, so I will chime in here with my unofficial FAQ(sorry, I write tech docs for none techs at work).
Does it fit?
If so, why are others saying it doesn't?
Because it fits according to how the Snap Shield is suppose to fit into the iPads.
How is it suppose to fit?
1) The only edge that it fully wraps around and protects the lip of the iPad is the right-hand edge. This is the edge to your write holding the iPad in portrait w/ the camera at the top.
2) Both the top and the bottom edges of the case does not fully wrap around. The case only protects up to where the seam of the aluminum back meets the edge where the screen begins
3) The left-hand edge where the smart cover hinge sits will have 2 small tabs about 3/4 cm long on the top and bottom. They do wrap around a little.
4) How about the corners? All 4 corners have the case coming up a little bit and wrapping a little bit. They just barely sit and above the corner edges to protect, but aren't as tall in their wrapping as the right-hand edge.
So how do you know that the iPad 2 and iPad 3 fits the same?
Because I own both the iPad 2 and 3 right now. Due to this topic coming up, I have been putting this case on and off between each of them to compare.
Still, how come the OP had an issue? Surely they don't fit 100%?
Honestly, there is a slight difference in the fit between the 2.
1) IMO, the left hand side corner protection does not wrap as high on the 3 as on the 2. It might be a .20 mm lower. But, it still protects the corners just as well.
2) When I hold the iPad 3 w/ the case with both hands, the very center of the back of the case does not feel as flush against the iPad itself. When it is in the iPad 2, it feels tight. But in the iPad 3, it feels just ever so slightly loose(but not to the extent it feels bad or loose to come out. Think of it as your favorite fitted suit not fitting so well once you've gained a pound or two and your gut kind of pushes against the waistline(bear w/ the analogy, I write docs at work for non techs).
So there you have it. If you are super particular and care about those things I mentioned at the end, then hold off and get the one for the iPad 3. If you want to save a few bucks and it won't bother you(or you had one from the iPad 2), then get the one for the iPad 2.
Hope this clears things up
Went to Best Buy today to troll their cases. The "Apple specialist" came over and asked if I needed help. I asked if they had new iPad cases. He said sure, but all the iPad 2 cases will fit perfectly. I asked if he was aware that the camera is slightly offset on the new model and it's thicker overall. He paused and said yep, they will all fit like a glove.
I just compared between iPad 2 and iPad 3, and got the same results as the FAQ above; there's a -very- slight fit difference, but everything protected on the 2 is protected on the 3.
However, in doing so I discovered one of the infamous corner cracks. Keep in mind I've been pulling mine on and off since I got it for various reasons, so could just be that. Or it could be the extra thickness.
I'll keep it until one of the ones fitted for the 3 come in, then I'll take it back to Fry's as defective.
Mine cracked on the corner this morning while taking off.
If you buy one, make sure you keep the receipt.
I'm taking mine back when the new iPad ones are released.
Also bought one in the UK at PC World. Packaging had sticker declaring it was for the "New iPad".
Seems to fit just fine, not overtight on the corners and I have removed it/ reinstalled several times. Smart cover works perfectly with it.
My local Best Buy got these in today, the new ones. I haven't got a chance to try it out yet, but if anyone is looking, try Best Buy.
Did they have the Snap Shield Secure (with magnetic strip)?
No, unfortunately just the std version.
I did put it on, fits, feels, looks great.
OK. Thx for confirming.
Mine was on for a few days. Corner broke. Going back.
Does anyone know when the official ipad 3 ones (with the magnet on the back) are in stock on Amazon? Or of another site with them in stock.
Amazon has them up for pre-order. Site says they will be available on April 1st.