Belkin Snapshield vs Switcheasy Coverbuddy

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by DaGrandMastah, Apr 3, 2012.

1. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

Anyone have both or have any experience with either? I was looking at the clear models for both. I like the thinness of the snapshield and it seems like the frosted coating will actually prevent a lot of scratches on teh back case. The switcheasy coverbuddy (clear) is supposed to have a UV coating that prevents scratches but I don't know how "resistant" it really is.

I guess it comes down to quality. It seems that the Switcheasy is slightly thicker....which I guess would provide more protection but I'm not sure either case would offer much, if any, protection from a drop.

Has anyone had any issues with teh Belkin snapshield? I know the coverbuddy jsut came out so it's likely that no one has it.

2. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

According to tracking I should have mine today/tomorrow. At that point I can do a side by side for you.

Don't expect any of these back shells to protect from drops as they really won't.

3. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, looking forward to your reviews as always.

Yeah, I'm not really looking for drop protection. I'm so incredibly careful with my ipad and, having had a bulky case for the entire ipad 2's existence, am very much looking forward to having a nice slim case with a smart cover.

I really just want the Belkin at this point but I keep entertaining other possibilities since I don't feel like waiting for the secure to come out (love the magnets feature).

4. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I wanted to go more minimal this time around too. Our IP1 was being shared with the small person, so I wanted a little more protection, wound up with a Incipio NGP.

We were traveling and I got my IP3 for a birthday gift, so I didn’t have much time to shop/order a cover, but wanted something while we were on the road, so I wound up scoring the Belkin cover at an airport electronics shop! It’s technically the IP2 version, but it snapped right on, fits very good, and all the cutouts are perfect.

I also had in mind to use a smart cover, and as you know, this case leaves the left side exposed for using a SC. It doesn’t lock it down under the cover like the Incipio Smart Feather - I guess that’s a pro/con depending whether you want a more secure SC or the ability to remove your SC quicker/easier (the Smart Feather requires you to remove it, to remove the SC...)

So far so great. It looks pretty good (it’s clear/frosted), thin, adds a little grip and was pretty inexpensive.

I can take pictures, answer any specific questions too :)

5. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

I appreciate the offer but no need. I have seen the belkin in person. I love the material of the belkin snap shield when I saw it at best buy...I just know I want the secure model with the magnets so I'm holding out for that one. I just wish it would come out already so I could finally be done with this case search.

Glad to hear you like it though. :)