Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seggy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 13, 2016
The saga of trying to get my '19 iMac back up and running but with an upgrade to Sonoma continues...

When I use the TB3 Pro dock, I have a few problems with it. I know it was (mostly) flawless with Monterey and I've since used the dock with other Macbooks with no issues.

- Front USB-C port is weirdly finicky, C peripherals that will show up when plugged directly into the Mac don't
- Displayport to a 1440p monitor disconnects sometimes (three times so far, and I've had it attached less than three hours)
- Dock audio isn't recognised at all

I've yet to stick more stuff on it that I want to (awaiting accessories) so I'm not sure if this will be the end of it, but the above list is already enough for a crappy experience. Is there a reason / fix?

Alameda

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2012
I’ve been using the OWC dock and it’s been rock solid. It powers the computer and drives my 4K monitor, 4K webcam, gig Ethernet, SSD drive, wireless keyboard/mouse and some card readers.

All no problem. Once in a rare while, it doesn’t seem to detect the monitor when I plug it into the MacBook. Sometimes waiting fixes it and sometimes I unplug it from the MacBook and plug it back in. That’s the worst of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.