Belkin Thunderbolt Dock not seeing Ethernet??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Tomb01, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Tomb01 macrumors 6502

Just got back from vacation, so have not used it in a couple of weeks, but my Belkin Thunderbolt dock ethernet is not initializing. Tried rebooting my Macbook Pro (late 2013), tried powering off and on the dock, but no joy. The yellow light is flashing on the dock, and my hub light is on and flashing as well, just not getting an IP address on my computer. Anyone have any ideas? TIA!

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Is the Ethernet adapter showing in System Preferences --> Network?

3. Tomb01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, it's odd. Sometimes it does and never goes green, and sometimes it does not show up. Have tried powering everything off, and no luck. If I use my usb ethernet adapter it connects fine with my TP-Link hub. Will try reconfiguring my hub/access point to its factory configuration to see if that makes a difference.

4. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Give that a shot but this appears to me to be more of an issue with the dock. Can you try it on another Mac?

5. Tomb01 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I am thinking it is a problem with the dock. I can unplug the cable and put it on my usb ethernet adapter and connect just fine, but this morning the dock ethernet card is not showing up at all. Will see if Belkin support is any good. Thanks.

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Keep us posted!

7. Tomb01 thread starter macrumors 6502

OK, spent some time with Belkin support on the phone yesterday and we tried everything, including updating the firmware. It seems the ethernet card is just flaky or dead. Even when we did get it to connect (once), it died again in less than a minute. They issued me an RMA and I'll be sending it back and they will send me a new one. Good customer service!

8. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Glad you got it resolved. Let us know when you get the new one and how it works out!