Belkin Tunebase FM for iPhone 3GS Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Michael73, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

The other day I bought a Tunebase FM at Costco to work with my 32GB iPhone 3GS. The Costco version (model # F5Z0149-CC) comes with a couple accessories including an audio aux cord.

Anyway, I'm having loads of problems with this thing. I know my iPhone is charging and the unit is getting power but I can't get the FM transmitter to work or the audio aux to work (which is what I really want). I have a 2009 Pontiac G9 GT. The stock radio has a front audio aux plug and the Tunebase cigarette adapter has an aux out. I should be able to plug these in and audio should play through my stereo, correct? Right now the only solution is to plug the audio cord into my headphone jack but that's not optimal considering the unit should work as advertised.

I called Belkin tech support this morning and the guy on the other end of the phone suggested that I "reset" the unit by pressing "+" and "-" (which are normally used to seek the radio stations up or down) at the same time but that won't work either. All it does is cycle through the stations.

Any ideas? Is the unit defective? The Belkin product page doesn't specifically say it works with the 3GS (just the iPhone and iPhone 3G), could that be the problem?

Someone please help...

2. netguykb macrumors newbie

Did you ever get this ...

to work. I just one for my 3Gs iPhone and it never tunes into any of the stations I select or let the unit select. The guy at the Mac Store says, "Yes it works with my phone" prior to buying it. Got it my car to try it out and nothing.

3. loves2travel macrumors member

Interesting as we are looking to get one of these thru Costco also. We have the 3G iphone and was hoping it would work with the 4G too. Now I'm wondering if it's worth getting?:confused: