Belkin TuneBase FM for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davidw111, Aug 3, 2008.

1. davidw111 macrumors newbie

I am having problems using this product as a hands free phone. It plays music great and when a call comes in, the music stops on the car speakers and iphone screen changes to incoming call. My problem is that the callers voice does not come thru car speakers, I have to use speakerphone on iphone and just not loud enough. My caller can hear me clearly but I can't hear them.
    I travel to New Jersey which has a new "hands free" law and they are enforcing it, my brother-in-law just got hit with a $113.00 fine.
    Thanks for any input, davew

2. Meyvn macrumors 6502

For now, I'd use your standard iPhone earbuds until you find something more suitable, if you haven't already.

If you have either a tape deck or an Aux In port, I would get one of those $9.99 adapters that have the built-in mic and call answer button. Then you can plug either the tape adapter or the "aux in" cable to the iPhone adapter, plug that into the iPhone's headphone jack, and voila. Just clip the mic to your shirt (or somewhere convenient on the dash) and you've got sound through the speakers with perfectly smooth transitions between music and calls. If you don't have either an aux in or a tape adapter, I'd still get the 9.99 iPhone adapter, but then look for an FM transmitter that goes in through the headphone port instead of the dock connector.

3. tyasa macrumors newbie

Music fine, can't hear caller

I am having exactly the same problem. Music is great through the Belkin TuneBase but when a call comes in, they can hear me but I can't hear them. Did you find a solution?

Thanks