Belkin tunecast auto vs griffin autopilot and bumpers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by murdercitydevil, Jul 8, 2010.

1. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Can anyone who has owned both of these fm transmitters provide feedback as to which is better? Also does either one fit with the ip4 bumpers? Thanks!

2. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

Also if these don't fit is there an easy way to modify the connector to fit with the bumper?

3. revildab macrumors newbie

My griffin autopilot didn't get along with my bumper. I ended up not liking the bumper very much so I gave it away.

4. murdercitydevil thread starter macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I actually don't like it very much either. Despite what people have said about it I feel like it really does detract from the beauty of the iPhone quite a bit. Maybe I'll train myself to hold the phone "right" and deal with reception issues. Doesn't look like they'll get fixed anyway

5. denoid macrumors newbie

Griffin autopilot can be modified to fit iPhone 4 with bumpers

I love the Apple bumpers especially since it raises the phone off the surface enough to keep the glass fresh and scratch free.

You can remove the black cover from the end of the connector. It seems that the black cover is pretty much only held on the connector by the raised "Griffin" logo the protrudes through the cutout on the top of the cover. Take a knife and pry the cover (from the wire side) so it lifts above the logo and slide it off the end. Voila!

You will notice that the gray sleeve underneath now slides a little. It will get worse as you connect and disconnect your iDevice numerous times. To alleviate this I placed a small bead of crazy glue along one side of the connector where it touches the gray sleeve fully. (the other side has an indentation and only the very ends touch.) This effectively secured the sleeve to the connector and it has worked out great.

Hope it helps.