Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
Wow, just got this in the post today and my goodness, its brilliant!

The quality is fantastic, it charges my iPhone, and I don't have to throw it into airplane mode because its GSM sheilded. If you're faffing about what FM Tuner to buy, I'd definately say this one, it's awesome!

jsodren

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2008
Hello sparkyms,

I was wondering if while the Iphone is plugged into the Belkin TuneCast Auto if you can change the volume outputted from the iphone itself? or can you just adjust your car audio? My current FM tranmitter isn't compatable and so it's stuck at a really quiet volume where I have to turn my car audio almost all the way up to get decent volume...

also, does the error message stating it's not compatable pop up when it's connected? Thanks much for your reply.
-Jason :)

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
It auto adjusts the iPhone volume as such that you can just turn the car audio up with very little distortion.

The unit has a couple of modes also that boost the volume if its too quiet.

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

So does this work with iPhone or not? I've been looking at them in Halfords and the price seems okay... but I only want to get one if it works well and is hassle free.

importluva

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
Been lurking for a long time but finally found something to post about...

I bought this same thing today, the fm transmitter came with a mount for the iphone and ipods. Im happy to report that im satisfied with it. I spent about 3 hours testing it out driving around atlanta, playing music, etc. My past experiences with FM transmitters has been really bad but this one is different. Its very expensive but i think it justifies its price. It works well with my iphone as i heard no interference between the phone and my speakers. The only problem i felt was when i got back to my apartment and there was some noise i think from the radio tower next to my apartment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.