Belking Cooling Pad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Madking, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Madking macrumors newbie

Okay, I know someone is going to post some unhelpful comment like "this is a forum about macs" but work with me here please

I have one of those nice belkin cooling pads (u know, the one that has a fan in the centre and connects to the usb port)

but its chock-full of dust.
    can I wash it? has anyone done this before?

thanks

2. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Blow it out

You can use either a can of compressed air from like WalMart or an air compressor to clean out the dust. I used to have an old Compaq laptop that I had to take apart one every couple months to clean the dust out.

3. Madking thread starter macrumors newbie

how? do you just blow the dust out?

and you realise i'm talking about the stand, NOT my laptop right?

4. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Should be ok, but I can't guarantee it

If it's just dust that is filling up the fans and ducts, you can usually blow it out with air. My apartment is really prone to dust (We aren't the most vigilant at cleaning), so my old laptop used to fill up really quickly, so a few blasts of canned air would clean it out pretty quickly. I have been too nervous to do it on my MacBook since Apple says not to.

But yeah, on a computer, stand, laptop cooling pad, etc, compressed air of any sort should be ok to blow out the dust, but don't necessarily take my word for it. I have done it on my own, but like i said, it was on my old Compaq POS, but I have been too nervous to do it on my MacBook, even though it probably needs it.

5. Madking thread starter macrumors newbie