Bell and there Internet Lies

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mycatisbigfoot, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Mycatisbigfoot macrumors regular

I am partly venting with this, but this would make anyone mad,

Well I have a 5mb\s internet i pay like $30 for. and most of the time my internet is about 700kb\s how can you get anything done on internet that slow, like get to youtube and such, I just does not work,

So a while back i called bell thinking it was my phone line or something, and they told me this "we are throlthing users that. 1. go over the allotted bandwidth they are given in a month, 2.Download torrents and 3.When they are on at peek hours,"

This was never in my contract for there TV, we only have one contract with them and thats for the stupid tv, we never use,

but i do download torrents but they never get over 50kb,
    so how could that make the net slow.

UGH,
    so because of my torrent downloading I can not get full speed? when I pay for the internet that I want, trust me I might go to dial up, but also when i go on youtube Fire fox and safari CRASH, as its that slow, it took me 5 minuets to get to the forum posting page!

So If you live in canada do not get bell!

2. No1451 macrumors 6502

Rogers or one of the smaller competitors are a godsend. I was paying for 7mbps and I was getting 3, plus they throttle everything like mad. 10Mbps on rogers and I can 1.4MB/s downloads, with speedtest rating it at 9.8Mbps.

Wouldnt catch me dead going back to bell.

3. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

This is why we need net neutrality laws, even though Congress and many people disagree.