Bell Canada Announces iPad Data Plans

Discussion in 'iPad' started by FPCat, May 26, 2010.

1. FPCat macrumors newbie

2. Dr. Bombay macrumors member

3. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

4. Doju macrumors 68000

Glad I didn't buy the 3G. I'll just tether my iPhone, not very impressive Bell.

5. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

Son of a Gun... as like others, I was kinda hoping that Bell woulda offered better plans.. but.. either way.. between Rogers and Bell, I'd RATHER go with Bell, because most of all my services are with them, and I am happy with that. Rogers on the other hand bites the big one..

lol

Now I gotta get me a Bell Sim Card

6. El Aurens macrumors member

Not too impressive. Are they charging 20 cents for their micro-sim like Rogers?

7. canadianipad macrumors regular

canadianipad

The only way to get the micro sim from Rogers for 20 cents was to buy it while reordering the iPad. I doubt we will be able to get it for 20 cents in store. I'm guessing probably more like $5-$10.

If not too expensive, I'll buy a sim from Rogers, Telus, and Bell. That way I can take advantage of the best data deal at the time, and which ever carrier has the best reception when I'm traveling.

8. BulkyCranium macrumors member

Not a bad plan. I like that idea!

9. itsmagic1954 macrumors newbie

I was all exciting about the idea of simply tethering my iPhone to the iPad and using my existing data plan too.

You won't be able to do that, according to Steve Jobs himself.

I have heard that you can jailbreak the device and do it, but I haven't looked into it.

10. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

I called Bell not to long ago about the Sim card for the iPad, and the lady I spoke with had no idea what the iPad was... she was like "Is it a phone".. I nearly jumped thru the phone and smacked her upside the head... jk jk.

Im curious where to get the sim card for Bell... if anyone knows.. lemme know.

11. arbitrage macrumors 6502a

I've looked into it and its really easy, you only jailbreak the iphone, don't have to jailbreak the ipad. Search for Spirit for iphone. Very simple to do. I'll do it on my new 4th gen iphone once Spirit is available for it. I don't have an iphone currently.

12. 2Bad4U macrumors member

2Bad4U

I thought I read somewhere that you can tether your iPhone on Rogers if you have a 1 GB data plan.

13. Chris.Thomson macrumors member

14. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

They were giving them out for free at the Montreal Apple Store. At Futureshop, they charge you 10 CAD.