Bell Mobility unlock... Is it true?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dev1l6, Nov 26, 2012.

1. dev1l6 macrumors newbie

Hey all!

So this is my first post on this forum, and obviously I need to do my best IOT prove some degree of legitimacy. The intent of this post is to let you know whether or not I was successful in unlocking my Bell IPhone 4 through Bell Mobility.
    As an employee of the Canadian Gvt, I found myself on a 12 months “posting” to Israel. I have been here for several months now, and have spent that whole time trying to figure out a way to unlock my Iphone (bb 4.12.02) so that I can use a local service providers SIM card. As most of you already know, it’s pretty much impossible, however I only recently discovered that Bell is supposed to be offering factory unlock as early as today (26 Nov 2012) for the oh so unaffordable price of 70$. At this point I don’t care. I will be calling Bell at 0800EST today to see what the dealio is.

Step 1: Confirmed rumours
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Called Bell. Did not wait at all to speak to a CSR, but she was unfamiliar with the process. At first she seemed to think that the policy change had been delayed. Was on the phone (from Israel) for approximately 15mins to be told that there seems to be a change in the policy as to who will be able to unlock their phones. As it is only 0800EST, they asked me to call back in 1-3 hours so that they can confirm policy and procedure.

More to follow.

2. dev1l6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well... That was a nightmare, and all for nothing. Over the span of 8 calls, 3 of the CSR's had said Bell did not do unlocks, 2 said Bell does unlocks now, but there's a delay in the process as they don't have the tools yet and the last 3 said yeah sure, we'll do it. I don't think everyone got the memo. I realize it's Bell and all, but Phone Unlock services is a big deal, had hoped they would be a little better prepared.

Bottom line though is that you have to be out of contract... which I am not and neither am I interested in throwing any more than 75$ at the problem. Just going to stick to my Gvt issued Blackberry 9000 (ugh).