Bell/Telus Release the iPhone 3GS - Any speed test/reviews online?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Doju, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

Hey, I'm a Rogers iPhone user from Canada, hoping to make the switch to Bell or Telus this summer (Rogers has no 3G where I live and spotty service in doors, seems Bell/Telus will fix both of these, so booyah) and as they just released the iPhone, I was wondering if anyone has seen any reviews or videos of Bell/Telus' new network, specifically in conjunction with the iPhone?

It's apparently capable of speeds of up to 21MBps almost nationwide. The iPhone can max at 7.2MBps, I know, but if Bell's max is 21MBps, it will have a much higher change of being near 7.2MBps.

That'd be great. Thanks in advance.

2. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

Remember that the speed isn't everything...the latency will matter much more at those speeds.

3. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

Point is Rogers only offers EDGE, and spotty EDGE coverage at that. No 3G where I live.

Any 3G, even better coverage, is more than welcome.

4. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

5. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Wish I could tell you. I was really close to switching to Telus (I'm on month to month with Fido), but their plans aren't affordable enough for me. I'm definitely interested in speeds, coverage etc. The new network is a Telus/Bell collaboration, right?

6. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

Yep, the networks really have very little difference. The plans differ fairly significantly, though, so take a look at Bell too.

I like Telus' plan more, Bell is really skimping on visual voicemail. I don't use a lot of data (probably will with 3G so about 1G should do me. My Rogers plan is costing me more than the Telus one so far, but it may be different for you.

But does anyone have any info? :(