Bell vs Rogers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by halisray, Aug 11, 2010.

1. halisray macrumors regular

For Canadians,

Is the Bell network for i4 and iphones any good? I am looking to get an i4 and Bell offered me $10 off because I have bell tv/internet/landline.. but I have never heard any news of iPhones being good with Bell.. I only hear news about Rogers..

Any ideas or comments on Bell and the iphone?

Thanks

2. Kevlar macrumors 6502

Bell and Telus share a common network now, so the coverage is greatly improved. Still a few area's with little coverage, Saskatchewan and Manitoba I believe are the worst at the moment with only major city coverage I believe.

3. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

I spoke to a Bell rep and they said I would get my i4 in 14 days.. at Rogers I can't even talk to anyone about the iphone 4 because they say they are all out of stock..

whats the dealio?

4. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

Bell are bloodsucking vampires... Rogers are slightly less bloodsucky bloodsucking vampires.

5. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

Capitalism!

I spoke to a Bell rep who was very nice and helped me out.. I called Rogers TWICE and they said we cannot help you with the iphone 4 because we are all sold out and I got hung up on TWICE

Bell said I would get an i4 in 14 days..

so wtf?

6. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

The iPhones were only available from only Rogers and fido for a long time. So they have a much bigger customer base interested on HUP. As a result, the iPhone demand from Rogers and fido is greater than that of telus and bell.

I knew for a fact, on launch day at my local mall, Rogers had over 30 people lining up, and sold out in hours. No lines at telus and they still had phone available on the second day. Telus website still had stock on the following Tuesday.

I agree that Rogers customer service is not the most helpful, but they have much less stock than telus and bell. They can help you even if they want to.

7. Ever34 macrumors regular

So they straight up told you they had no iPhones and just simply hung up on you? Mmmmm

8. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

the said we are out of stock please hold

and then i got disconnected

twice

9. Ever34 macrumors regular

Got it:)

10. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

It depends on where you live. Bell has better coverage in some areas, and Rogers in others. Ask your friends who they have for a provider and what they're coverage is like.

You can also look to see who has the better plans, but they really are all practically the same no matter who the provider is.

11. Kevlar macrumors 6502

Bell/Rogers/Telus have no idea by the sounds of it how many they are getting in stock at a time. While Rogers is distributing to their stores first and having a first come first serve, Bell is taking pre-orders with the hope to fulfil all orders within their "14 days". It is just two different strategies by two different companies. I would highly doubt any rogers rep would intentionally hang up on a call unless their was something else going on in addition with the conversation.

12. halisray thread starter macrumors regular

trust me - it happened twice

anyways, Bell just told me I'd be getting my i4 in 3 to 5 days.

woohoo

13. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Personally I am with Fido (runs on Rogers network obviously)...

My friend has a Bell iPhone 4... the 3G speeds are stupidly slow... I was able to load info faster on my 3G vs her iPhone 4