Bellsouth DSL Timeout

Discussion in 'macOS' started by InAppleHeaven, Oct 2, 2007.

1. InAppleHeaven macrumors member

Has anyone else had a problem with their DSL timing out? It seems if I dont log on every 10-12 hours or so, Safari wont connect. I still have AOL (the cheapest version for email and chat reasons) and it will still connect. I called bellsouth but got some guy that had no idea what OSX was. They actually have a page or two on the bellsouth website that walks you through the time-out problem. Unfortunately, its very hard to follow and still doesnt work. Any suggextions? P.S. Im using an airport base station, which is working flawlessly, so I dont think thats the problem. The only way ive been able to fix this is to unplug the power cord from the modem, then plug it back up. Someone please check out bellsouths website and go to the link for safari. you will see what im talking about. Thanks a million. CS

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

Let me guess... you have a Westell modem? :rolleyes:

Your solution is the only solution I could ever come up with... If you're on their older system, the internet service sucks. Their FTTC (fiber to the curb, and therefore no modem) service is much better.