Belly Rewards App Not Scanning

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by papbot, May 21, 2015.

1. papbot macrumors 6502

I just tried several times to get the code scanned at my local coffee shop and it would not register. I had to use my phone and that worked right away. Does anyone else use this app and has it worked from your watch?

2. pakyooh macrumors 6502

pakyooh

Tried it too. I think it has to do with the angle and if theres any glare that the iPad cameras catch when trying to scan it. It's an arm twister trying to position the watch face parallel to an iPad that's fixed to a counter waist high. Also the code on the watch is much smaller compared to the ones on the phone.

3. papbot thread starter macrumors 6502

It was difficult to position my wrist. Plus the screen kept going dark once I had it positioned making me tap it again to have light up. I tried about 3 or 4 times then gave up and used the app on my phone.

I hope the Starbucks app works better than this. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

4. pakyooh macrumors 6502

pakyooh

The starbucks app doesn't have one, the code is in the added to the passbook which I just realized is the best way too access belly. Passbook isn't time/movement sensitive so it stays on until you close the app.

5. papbot thread starter macrumors 6502

I did get an email back from Belly support saying they are aware of the issue. So hopefully it will get fixed. Nothing I did would get the code to be registered on the that iPad device. Plus with the screen going dark you only have a few seconds to try anyway.