Belt clip or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DizzyV6P, Sep 26, 2013.

1. DizzyV6P macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

I've had an Otterbox Defender on my iPhone4 for years. I got it mainly to protect my phone when my children use it and from accidental drops by me.:cool:

I have an iPhone 5s coming today and I'm still on the fence on which new case to get. I'm deciding between the Spigen Tough Armor and the new Defender case. The main advantage on the Defender is the belt clip. I work in an office that requires slacks and tie. I've been used to the belt clip and frankly am not used to dealing w/o one.

For those who don't use a belt clip, how to you carry your iPhone 5? front slacks pocket? Front shirt pocket? (I'm afraid it'll fall out when I bend down to pick something up). Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Otherwise, my 5s might have to live a few days w/ OEM Apple plastic...LOL.

Thanks!

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Same boat.
    I've written to Spigen suggesting that they find a way to add a belt clip to the Spigen Tough Armor cuz they would literally gain thousands of new customers from all of the people in our situation.
    Everyone hear hates the Defender but there really is no other good option.

3. DizzyV6P thread starter macrumors regular

DizzyV6P

I've had friends who have put their IP5 in their slacks pocket only to have the phone slip out and crack on the ground when they get into their car. Needless to say, they all have Defender cases now after getting a new phone from their Apple Care+.

I'm just looking for alternatives and ideas before I hit BUY.

Thanks!

4. Fhaoilgeal macrumors newbie

Not really answering your question, but I carry my iPhone in a SENA leather holster and have for years. I use either a skin or a Spigen Neo Hybrid on the iPhone, but prefer not to stuff my pants or shirt pocket with a phone.

I've used the holster/bumper case for about a decade now both for work, travel, and camping and it's continued to work well for me. I know it's not the 'thing' to wear a phone holster, but I like the easy retrieval and return and the max protection 'outside' of my apparel. :)

5. Zimmy68 macrumors 68000

Zimmy68

Front pocket for me.
    Travelling to work, in my breifcase.

I'd sooner be caught wearing a fanny pack then use a belt clip these days.