Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Upon reading several chain letters on myspace, I have seen multiple reports of Ben savage or Corey Matthews on The TV Show Boy Meets World, to have passed away. I have googled it but came up short. Does anyone know the truth about this? Or the credibility of this story?
-dsm

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
read the rumored death section.

Myspace bulletins are 40% lies, 40% surveys, and 20% "OMG I GOT ANEW PICTURE COMMENTZ, PELASE!!"
well, from my experience, at least. :)

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
DMPDX said:
Upon reading several chain letters on myspace, I have seen multiple reports of Ben savage or Corey Matthews on The TV Show Boy Meets World, to have passed away. I have googled it but came up short. Does anyone know the truth about this? Or the credibility of this story?
-dsm

Never believe any chain letter on myspace.

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
katie ta achoo said:

Myspace bulletins are 40% lies, 40% surveys, and 20% "OMG I GOT ANEW PICTURE COMMENTZ, PELASE!!"

haha, trying to prove truth over internet lies by using wikipedia.org

currently, it says "Savage was driving intoxicated and crashed his automobile. He went into a coma and never awoke. He died on September 16, 2006."

never "prove" anything with wikipedia

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
debroglie said:
haha, trying to prove truth over internet lies by using wikipedia.org

currently, it says "Savage was driving intoxicated and crashed his automobile. He went into a coma and never awoke. He died on September 16, 2006."

never "prove" anything with wikipedia

wikipedia's just a quick reference for things like this. It's not like I'm basing my senior thesis on a wikipedia article.

What shows up for me, at least:
Rumors have been spread about Savage dying while in a coma after driving intoxicated on September 16th, 2006, but they have been proven false
and it's been locked due to vandalism.

Wikipedia's a good little site for quick lookups like that.

would snopes be better?

Just stick ben savage dead into google and go nuts.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
katie ta achoo said:
and it's [Wikipedia] been locked due to vandalism.

Wikipedia's a good little site for quick lookups like that.

would snopes be better?
For reasons like this...
"Saturday, September 16th Ben Savage passed away at Memorial Hospital in Canton, Ohio at 10:47 pm. Savage was in a fatal accident sending him into a coma which he did not awake."...I hardly ever check out snopes.

They obviously didn't take in to account the grammatical structure of a submitted report which shows the journalistic talents of a tool.

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
katie ta achoo said:

I know that most of the bulletins posted there are BS, and rediculous. But SInce I couldnt find anything on google and due to having lost 4 close friends in the past year, death to me is nothing to disregard. Thanks for all the help guys!
-dsm

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
So this has NOT happened, correct? My sister told me her friend mentioned he died and I freaked. I love Boy Meets World and Ben's character (Cory), so this would've been horrible if true.

And if he really did pass away, it'd be all over Google News. And since it isn't, I will just move along. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.