Benchmark MBP, RAM, HDD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AlaskanGrown, Jul 11, 2008.

1. AlaskanGrown macrumors newbie

I have a 2.2Ghz SR MBP. I am going to be upgrading from 2GB-4GB of RAM(OWC). I will also be going from a 5200RPM(120) to 7200RPM(320) Hdd. Anyone interested in Benchmark? I will do the old hdd + new ram, new hdd + old RAM, new RAM +new HDD, and the current configuration. What benchmark will provide the most useful information? xBench isnt super realistic however seems to be the most common bench test. Any input/ suggestions would be appreciated.

2. AlaskanGrown thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

I'd like to see the 3dmarks results if you have the time to test!

4. bonecandy macrumors member

Yeah I'd love to see some benchmarks. I have the same MBP model and I'm thinking of doing the same upgrade.

5. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

The thing with geekbench is that you have to pay to get the 64-bit and Rosetta versions. I don't mind the Rosetta, cause all my software is either universal or intel anyways, but I mean... 64-bit... that was one of Leopard's features, and also Core2Duo's features over the Core Duo.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Very true. But it's only $20, so it's not a big expense, if someone really wants accurate benchmarks.

7. AlaskanGrown thread starter macrumors newbie

I will be doing this sometime a little later in the week, I am at work until wendesday.(I work at a Remote Goldmine in AK) I just wanted to see what kind of benchmarks you guys might like to see.

July 17th: Got home, got my new hardware, will be doing this and have results up tonight or tomorrow.