Benchmarks coming in for the 13" Macbook Escape

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cerberusss, Nov 6, 2016.

1. cerberusss macrumors 6502a

cerberusss

Bare Feats has tested the 13" Macbook Escape. They've pitted it against the 12" MacBook, the 12.5" Razer Blade Stealth and the 13" iPad Pro :)

http://barefeats.com/lowlap2016.html

Some choice quotes:
    Fastest Integrated GPU to date
    All three laptops have Intel integrated GPUs. The 2016 MacBook Pro's Iris 540 is the fastest integrated GPU Apple has put in a laptop until now.

The MacBook Pro's Flash Storage Smokes The Competition
    The 2016 MacBook Pro's internal flash storage is dramatically faster this year. Capacities larger than 256G will have an ever faster write speed. MacVidCards reported 1760MB/s sequential WRITE speed for the 512G.

2. Greene macrumors regular

Greene

Really like that term for it - the Macbook Escape.

In Geekbench 4, the 2 GHz Macbook Escape I tested in the Apple Store was slightly better than my base model 2015 13" 2.7GHz. I want to say the Macbook Escape had a multicore score in the low 7000s, and my base model in the high 6000s. Don't remember the exact scores off hand.

3. cerberusss thread starter macrumors 6502a

cerberusss

Marco Arment coined it in their ATP.fm podcast, it's the one name I can remember :)
    Ah yes, so that's a Broadwell CPU, right? Yeah from Broadwell to Skylake you won't have a lot of win in the CPU area, but apparently flash did improve.

4. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

Makes the Razer Blade Stealth look very interesting. Being able to plug into external gpu with 3-20x graphic performance boost.

Now if Apple would innovate and copy using an external graphics processor. However it would likely have it's own graphics card implementation and not allow plugging in off the shelf graphics cards.