Benchmarks for the 32/64 iPod Touch 3G

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mathfantasia, Sep 13, 2009.

1. mathfantasia macrumors member

I tried to find this online. I want to know (if possible) how fast the new iPod Touch is compared to the IPhone 3GS.

2. csnplt macrumors 6502

csnplt

I've written one, in my signature. The benchmark needs an update to be accurate with the new iPod touch, and right now, the update is being reviewed. However, I could send you an Ad Hoc build of the updated version for free for you to try. If you want to do that, I'll need the UDID of your device. Someone else is benchmarking the iPod touch 3G for me with Gauge Mathematical Tool, so if you have a 3GS, we could do a comparison.

PM the UDID if you're interested. Otherwise, wait a week or two and the update will be available on the App Store.

Also, look for videos of web browsing comparisons or app launching tests. I played with the new iPod touch at the Apple Store today, and it really is enormously faster than the old touch. Web pages would be done loading before the other device even started displaying anything.

I think that the touch 3G is 5 - 10 % faster than the iPhone 3GS, but to know for sure, we'll have to wait for the benchmark to be updated.

3. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

4. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

I found this test.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIRKNh2Mdno
    The iPod Touch 3G beats the iPhone 3G slightly.
    In terms of speed launching Tiger Woods PGA Tour, iPod Touch 3G > iPhone 3GS > iPod Touch 2G > iPhone 3G > iPod Touch 1G.

5. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Wow, great vid. Funny, too. 5 different iPods all lined up, with 5 hands opening the app at the same time. :D

6. CSilver macrumors 6502

Wow it is faster xD!
    Hmm... I wonder if I should still wait till October 15th or not...

7. yawnyj macrumors member

Well, I got the new one a 32 Gb yesterday, and it is much faster than my old one for everything, But I had a 1st gen touch to compare it to. it really loads pages on the web much faster.

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I'm getting mine this weekend. No point in waiting for something that's just a gimmick. The processor/GPU you use more often than a camera (no matter how awesome it is) right?