Benchmarks of 256GB SSD vs 128GB SSD

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by technopimp, Jul 25, 2011.

1. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I've been following a few threads about all the pros/cons/opinions of the 128 vs 256 in a new 2011 13" Air, but haven't seen any actual benchmarks of the two against each other. The best I've seen is a few posts with people saying the 256 "should be faster". Does anyone have any actual benchmarks to show if that is indeed the case and, if so, how MUCH faster? I don't really need the extra 128GB of storage, but if it's a significant jump in performance I'd consider it.

Just for the record, I'm not intending this to be one of those "I heard X is better" posts, nor am I misinformed about the fact that just because one has a higher storage capacity that it should necessarily be faster. Since they could be two different drives I'm just interested in whether the 256 is more than a space upgrade.

2. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

If anyone has done a Benchmark test on both please post.

3. rds macrumors regular

The 256GB is faster but it doesn't matter. The 128GB drives are fast. All SSDs are fast. You won't notice the difference unless you transfer huge files regularly and seconds are important to you.

Get the 256GB if you need the storage, don't if it's just for Mbps.

4. technopimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

With all due respect, I'd still like to make a decision based on some numbers.