bend corner screen .. leading to a service battery error .

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by longthizzz, Oct 21, 2014.

1. longthizzz, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

longthizzz macrumors regular

so the tsa ppl dropped my macbook pro ,
    Ididn’t know notice the bend corner on the screen , the bottom cover housing is a bit out of line , does anyone know if apple care would cover it ?
    The mbp still works , but it has a bent on the corner of the inner screen
    I am currently in vietnam for a business meeting , there isn’t a apple store in vietnam so i cannot call them and ask .
    I still have the apple care on it

would apple care cover it , if not how much would it cost to fix this problem.

update : now it is showing a service battery error .
    i don't know what is going on ... I am really worried

will post pics of the damage once I get back

Attached Files:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Applecare does not cover accidental damage, so since the battery issue is directly related to the drop, I'd say you're best bet is to pursue a claim against th TSA>

3. longthizzz thread starter macrumors regular

it is the vietnam tsa .... they won't cover for anything . I already know it
    is there any way apple care would consider helping me out ? i heard worst macbook pro dropping situations and apple care covered for it

4. longthizzz thread starter macrumors regular

the service battery error , fixed itself , now only problem is the bented corner

5. kage207 macrumors 6502a

The battery fluctuates in its health. If you still have AppleCare and it falls below 80% they will replace it for you. Though you should read up on battery information under Apple Support.

Now for the bent corner, I don't know. Maybe. If you have Apple Care (phone support) they do take international calls at 1-800-4MY-APPL. Depends on who you get. If they don't help you, you can always plea your case at a store when you get back home.

6. longthizzz thread starter macrumors regular

Yes , I was planning on going to the apple store once I get back . If that fails , I read if you call the apple care number - you have a better chance of things going your way .

* thats my plan so far

----------

Yes , I was planning on going to the apple store once I get back . If that fails , I read if you call the apple care number - you have a better chance of things going your way .
    * thats my plan so far

Ill update once things happen
    ]