Bended corner lid screen and apple care

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by furfing, Jul 2, 2016.

1. furfing macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I am due to a screen replacement of my Mac Book Pro 15 Retina, Apple confirmed my screen could be replaced cause i had discoloration of the screen. (i have apple care).

However i would have to do it after the summer due to the fact they need 1 day to do it and currently i can't afford not having my computer for one day.

May plan is to replace it in september but today i dropped a bit the computer and computer lid of the screen is a bit bended.

do you think this could jeopardize the replacement i am entitled to, my battery is also due to replacement cause of low performance.

How to deal with it ? Should i try to debend it or just leave it that way ?

Thx for your opinion.

1.pic.jpg

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Who knows if you have records with apple of the previous problems being catalogued the. I don't see why not and as they replace the screen assembly and the top case for the battery it would fix those issues. If you have not got anything saying that you had it assessed before the drop then they may blame the screen issue on the drop and refuse service they should do the battery though.

3. 617aircav Suspended

If you took it to Apple previously and they agreed you had a problem covered under warranty, you will be fine. If however there is no record of this prior to you dropping it they will probably blame it on the drop.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As others stated, its a crapshoot in what Apple will do. They may fix it, no questions asked, or they may not because of the drop. I'd maybe look to get this done sooner then later at this point though.

Bummers on it falling :(

5. Dead0k macrumors regular

6. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

7. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S