Benefit of iPhone size: Fewer people texting and driving?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by USF813, Sep 25, 2014.

1. USF813 macrumors regular

One handed texting is basically out for the majority of us. I don't even talk on my phone much less text while driving so this doesn't really affect me. What do you think?

2. Justin33 macrumors regular

Justin33

I hope you're right. Plus, the voice texting thing might cut down on distractions.

3. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

4. ageller, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

ageller macrumors newbie

Never really thought of this.

I'm 29 now and at the age of 20 I told myself I'd never do the following: use my phone while driving, drink and drive (even if I had a sip), and listen to music really loud. It just wasn't worth it.

To this day I've stuck to that rule.

Honestly, for most people I don't see this having any effect. I know people who still text and drive even though they can use the hands free features of their car/device.

I rarely get calls, texts, or e-mails that need to be answered right away. When I do, I simply pull in somewhere, use my phone, and go back to driving.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

People will continue to text and drive even if they have the iPad in front of them.

6. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

Thank you for being responsible. I am fairly politically active and I am working with people in DC to *really* up the fines on driving while under the distraction of devices...like bigger than DUI big. It's incredibly reckless at this point.

7. wassup121 macrumors regular

What worries me is Apple watch and people looking at wrist let alone phone while driving. UK jumped on that already for fines. But I look at my phone at a red light and told self while driving is stupid.
    Also the 6 is so slippery, with no case, either will make people stop or they drop phone and looking for it causes an accident...

8. julesgold macrumors regular

Thank you for being responsible. I am 23 years old and I abide by those rules as well. The only two calls I answer while driving are my mom and my dad and I use handsfree.

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The Apple watch would actually be much safer because you can't actually type out responses and it sends canned responses (also hand-free via Siri). It's on the wrist so it's at least in direct view with your hand on the steering wheel. People who text and drive try to hide their phones out of sight and it's more dangerous looking down.

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

You're right. More people I know are texting and driving less because they csnt