Benefit to Upgrading to iTunes 9.2 Beta?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pasipple, Jun 11, 2010.

1. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

I'm going to wait until they release OS4 on June 21st...but until then...is there any benefits to upgrading to iTunes 9.2 beta now?

Seems to me I read somewhere that you had to have OS4 installed to use iTunes 9.2 beta...but I haven't been able to confirm that.

Thanks...

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

You need iTunes 9.2 to install iOS 4.0 on your device, I doubt it will offer much worth updating for until iOS 4 is released though unless you want to download some iBooks early.

3. bripab007 macrumors 6502

I upgraded to 9.2 beta so I could install iOS 4.0, and I immediately noticed how much snappier iTunes is when scrolling through the library or populating the app icon images and various other places. Just seems faster/smoother.

4. cmcclure16 macrumors regular

I like that they re-added the "Create AAC Version" option back into the right click menu. It was a bit of a hassle to have to go up to the Advanced menu when I had a bunch of music to convert

As stated above, it feels snappier, however for some reason I'm having issues with album art. It won't always add it to the songs when I select multiple tracks at once and doesn't always add it to the file (ie. if I look at the actual file in Finder, it won't have the album art attached to it even though it shows it in iTunes). Also when I add/remove art for an album it's not always reflected on the side of the album until I restart iTunes.

That's my only complaint and will hopefully be fixed in the official release.

5. newfoundglory macrumors 6502

I agree, I have about 300 apps in my iTunes and on my G4 would take ages to load in the icons. Its now instant with 9.2f1

It also faster on my Intel MBP.

So glad I upgraded to iOS 4, I could never go back to 3 now. I'm already into the folders and multitasking thing.

6. pasipple thread starter macrumors 6502a

pasipple

I decided to install iTunes 9.2 Beta and the colored pinwheels are gone! Yeepee!

I've been using iTunes for over a year and I almost always got pinwheels at launch and certainly every time I updated my apps. Now no pinwheels!

I'm a happy camper! Prior to this version upgrade...iTune was the most frustrating program I've ever used on my Mac.

And scrolling through the cover art for my music and movies is SO SO much faster.

I think Apple is onto something with this latest upgrade.