"BenM" Profile Removal Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Agent 21, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Agent 21 macrumors regular

Jun 27, 2009
    A long time ago I did the BenM "hack" to enable tethering on my 3GS. I had just moved and was waiting for my Internet service to be hooked up so I did it to use my phone as a modem for my laptop. I haven't tethered since like September, and Im wondering how to safely remove the profile BenM created?normally I'd just leave it, but I'm stuck on 3.0FW because I kept putting off upgrading to 3.1/3.1.2 and re-jailbreaking and now that 3.1.3 is out I need to wait for a new JB, or until 4.0 and it's JB, in order to preserve my unlocking abilities should I ever choose to resell my phone (launch day 3GS). I saw the thing in Cydia where you can enable MMS on a 3.0 3GS, and it says to remove any previously installed tethering profiles. Can I just click "remove" in the BenM profile settings with no consequenses? It says if I do it will change phone settings, is that just reffering to no more tethering or will it affect other things? I just want to safely remove the BenM profile to install the one that enables MMS for 3.0 from Cydia
  2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    Yes, just remove BenM profile in the settings.
    Its not a prob.