Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

high heaven

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
I have no idea why is it happening to me. I def sure it is a software issue and yet BenQ refuses to accept it. I checked all the hardware parts and I dont detect any issues. From this image, I already connected X-Rite i1 Display Pro and you can see the green light and yet, Im not able to use it. It kept saying that I have a problem with a USB connection but how come I connected my calibration tool from monitor's USB? I dont understand. I formatted once to start from the bottom and Im still having this issue. I tried other computers and I still get the same issue. Any idea why?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 4.23.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 4.23.04 PM.png
    747.2 KB · Views: 174

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I have no idea why is it happening to me. I def sure it is a software issue and yet BenQ refuses to accept it. I checked all the hardware parts and I dont detect any issues. From this image, I already connected X-Rite i1 Display Pro and you can see the green light and yet, Im not able to use it. It kept saying that I have a problem with a USB connection but how come I connected my calibration tool from monitor's USB? I dont understand. I formatted once to start from the bottom and Im still having this issue. I tried other computers and I still get the same issue. Any idea why?
Which BenQ and what have you connected it to?
You need to connect both the USB A/B cable on the monitor as well as the connection you have chosen for the monitor.

high heaven

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
Which BenQ and what have you connected it to?
You need to connect both the USB A/B cable on the monitor as well as the connection you have chosen for the monitor.

I use two SW2700PT. I connected a calibration tool on the monitor. I def used USB A/B cable and yet Im getting that message.

RCAFBrat

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2013
Montreal, QC
Just to be clear, the USB input port on the monitor needs to be connected to the Mac Pro; the USB outputs on the monitor can then be connected whatever devices you want, such as the calibration tool.

Perhaps AFB can chime in how the USB input port is different from the output ports.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.