BenQ E2200 HD vs Dell SP2309W

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Congress, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Congress macrumors newbie

Hi people,

As a student i'm looking for a "cheap" display to join my MacBook Pro.
    I use FCP alot and would mainly use it for previewing and dual monitor editing. Both the BenQ E2200HD and the Dell SP2309W are very interesting. I have worked with a BenQ display before and they seem to be good. (Considering they are not that expensive.) I'm having problems finding a store here in Belgium that sells the Dell SP2309W, but that's because they only sell online I assume.

I'm wondering if anyone could tell me of the Dell monitor is worth it's money and if it's better than the BenQ one. I've been reading reviews and past posts on the forums here, but I can't seem to make up my mind.

Does anyone have some personal experience with both these or one of these?

Thanks!

2. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

No way to let you know if it is better than the BenQ, but I love the Dell SP2309W. I used to have a 24" 1920x1200 monitor, but I love this monitor's 2048x1150 resolution. More pixels, better aspect ratio. There are a lot of USB ports on the monitor as well so I no longer need a USB hub which is a huge perk for me as well. Not a single dead pixel! Here's a pic of my setup...

Attached Files:

3. uttergentile macrumors newbie

Webcam

Does the webcam on this monitor work with your mac?

-UG

4. tmoney468 macrumors 6502

5. yuli749 macrumors newbie

Congress!!! I am also looking to buy a BenQ E2200 HD, or the HDA! Have you finally bought it or you went for the Dell?

I'd really want to get some first hand experience on the monitor for some advice!

Currently I'm confused myself on whats the difference between the HD and HDA versions! Do you know the difference between the two?

Don't you like the color of the screen? Glossy black with a tint of gray on the bottom? Oooooh the simple yet slight hint of complexion hahahhha.

It's sad that I cannot afford it just yet, but hopefully sometime soon!!!

6. boobooq88 macrumors regular

If its not too much to ask... What stand is that you have your MBP on?