Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mplucinski

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2012
Hello,

I have a problem with BenQ E2200HDA monitor connected to MacBook Pro 13" (early 2011). As this monitor have only D-Sub connector (no Thunderbold, DisplayPort, HDMI nor DVI), I've bought Mini DisplayPort <-> D-Sub adapter.

This looks to be compatible at least on hardware level - I have Windows 7 on bootcamp, and there, I am able to use FullHD (1080p) resolution without any problem. Anyway, on OS X, highest resolution I am able to work on is 1680x1050. If I switch to 1920x1080, monitors goes black (anyway, it does *not* show "no signal" message; only goes black, but I am unable to open OSD menu).

I have tried SwitchResX software to check more resolutions, and the biggest one which works is 1920x1060 (does not work perfectly, part of image seems to "go out" of bottom of the screen, but at least, the image is visible).

I don't have so much idea about the reason. As it works on Windows on the same hardware, I suppose the problem may be somewhere in OS X. Maybe any setting I don't know about? System is of course up-to-date, but I hope this is not a problem with OS X itself.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

mrmarcee

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2014
2 years, no answers? damn... I have the same issue with a 13 MacbookPro 2014 version!

yawriats

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2014
same problem

Hi,

same problem here; I only get 1600/900 with the alt/option button; screen goes black if I choose 1920/1080...

greetings,
y

Chanyut

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2015
Same problem

Still have the same problem with my Macbook pro mid 2014. The maximum resolution I can configure is 1360x768 (by using EasyRes app).

Surak

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2016
I used to have a mid-2009 macbook pro 15 (with two nvidia cards). It worked normally with this screen, if I was using the slower nvidia card. If I used the faster one, the screen would "shake". Now, with a retina macbook pro, I have the same problem as all of you guys. It only shows me the resolutions if I press "alt" when choosing "scaled" on the display preferences pane, and the best one for it is 1680x1050. If I choose 1920x1080, as I always used, it goes black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.