BenQ G2400W on a Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Shelton, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Shelton macrumors member

Hello,

Please forgive the ignorant question. I have decided to "switch" since almost a decade of exclusive PC use. I have wanted a Mac since the original G4 first came out, but for some reason I never took the final leap.

I am about to buy a new 8 core mac pro, and I am trying to pick an inexpensive 24 inch monitor. I want one inexpensive 24 and one very nice 20 (probably in portrait), but I will get the 20" inch a little later.

I stumbled across the BenQ G2400W, and the reviews seem good, and the monitor is within my budget. Will this monitor work with a Mac Pro? I called BenQ support and the 'tech' said that it most likely won't because Macs have "non standard" resolutions that aren't compatible with their monitors. This sounded pretty absurd to me, but even though I am a poweruser when it comes to PCs, I know absolutely nothing about Macs yet.

I just wanted to get some input before I pull the trigger on the BenQ.

Thanks!

2. andy.barron macrumors 6502

tech. Hmmmmmm!!

It will be to do with what resolutions your graphic card supports and as long as they match it will be fine.

You may want to look at ViewSonic's range, I have one here & it is awesome. I prefer it to the 20" apple Cinema display on my other mac next to me!

Hope this is of use.