Bent Alu Macbook Battery Cover

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DPB17, Apr 29, 2009.

1. DPB17 macrumors 6502

Why does this sort of stuff happen to me?:confused::confused::(

(Sorry for the bad image quality)

Attached Files:

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I have this too..

Kinda felt like dealing with it (even though the previous one I had was fine) because it's not worth it to go through the trouble.

3. DPB17 thread starter macrumors 6502

You just feel hard done by, don't you?

4. Jamesl94 macrumors regular

I had a Unibody that the battery cover came up about 1mm, I took it back to apple, they gave me a brand new one, said sorry and gave me 20% off my next purchase.

5. DPB17 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice one.

6. MedHead macrumors regular

This seems to be a complaint a few people have had, while apple is replacing them now i really hope battery covers become the cracked palmrests of the Alu MacBooks...that'd really suck. Like i hope that they dont get looser over time etc.

7. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...:apple: needs to make their laptops with Ti frames and carbon bodies, strength, light weight and long term durability - now there's a MB/MBP I'd buy!

8. MedHead macrumors regular

Ah but then they lose the whole unibody form factor which from people I've talked to seems to be a big draw to the macbook line, that said the fact that the people i talk to are aware of the fact that the laptops are made of a single piece of alu probably indicates a touch of fanboy-itis ! :p

9. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Just call Apple Care and they will send you a new cover in the mail, just like that. I did and it solved my problem.

10. DPB17 thread starter macrumors 6502

It can't possibly be that easy?

11. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

or you could just buy one from a repair site if Apple doesn't cover it...

12. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

It's just that easy. I did it back at the end of December. They will cover it at no extra cost for you.

13. DPB17 thread starter macrumors 6502

14. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Nope. At least I didn't have to. If they ask for it back, it will be AFTER you get the new one, but I highly doubt it!!
    Just be nice but firm and make sure they know you're talking about the battery COVER for a Unibody Macbook. Good luck! It should be hassle free!

15. DPB17 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice but firm is usually key for dealing with Apple phone ppl

16. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

They are great to deal with. I haven't had ANY problems so far with their customer service.

17. DPB17 thread starter macrumors 6502

i have had to send back my 3g and i have become quite fond of the service given by apple

18. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Cool! Well i hope this will be just as pleasant of an experience :D
    Keep us posted!

19. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Yup, I just asked for a new battery door, and they sent it. It made the problem a little bit more bearable. But I sent it in on Monday (and I would have had it yesterday if I was home!) and should get it today. I hope the issue is fixed, it was a quick turn-around none-the-less.

20. DPB17 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just called them today and they said one would shipped out straight away and to expect it tomorrow!?!?!!

21. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

same thing with mine. i guess it was really the only thing wrong with my refurb i received 2 weeks ago, and since i was just happy it wasn't really loose like others have received it didn't bother me too much. now, however, its kinda getting to me since i hear the cover shifting every time i place the macbook on a desk.

it's fine in the middle, but seems warped or bent about a millimeter on both ends. i think i'll call them today and hope they'll send me a new one as well.

[EDIT] just spent 45 minutes (!!!) on the phone with apple, 3 service reps, and it's a no-go. they "can not" send me a replacement because apparently this is a "potentially serious" issue and it needs to be checked out in person by an apple tech... pfff... i even gave them the address of this thread so they could see the images and previous testimonials and the answer was still no. it's a billable part: $40! so to those of you who were lucky enough to be sent a replacement part with no questions asked, i salut you. :confused:

Attached Files:

22. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I guess it depends on the rep you get.

After reading that VSMacOne was able to get a replacement, I think I'm going to try and get one as well.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

23. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

yes let us know... and if your rep sends you one, get them to send me one too :rolleyes:

24. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Yeah that's pretty awesome!!

just call again and get somebody else. there's NO REASON for them not to send you one.

25. DPB17 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was swapping in some new RAM I got and somehow managed to get the cover nearly perfect again!
    When I get the new one from Apple I might sell it on eBay for like $15. And to the guy who can't get one off them, you should just keep calling and try and get a lady, they are usually easier to deal with in my experience and try not to get too angry with them.