Bent iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aditya_S, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Aditya_S macrumors 6502

My iPad Air 2 was in a case that allowed it to stand and my dad accidentally sat on it. I took the case out and it very slightly bent. You can only see it if it is set down on a table and look at it parallel to it. What can I do to fix this.

2. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

Just unbend it.

That's how physics works right?

3. Aditya_S thread starter macrumors 6502

It's kind of hard to explain, but it seems like it is flexible, i can easily push down the corner that is bent to be flat but when stop applying pressure it goes back to being bent

4. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

It's gonna be bent. If the screen isn't damaged, iPad isn't malfunctioning, sounds good to me. Trying to unbend it is just opening the door for worse damage.

5. Aditya_S thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried unbending it before you replied, and I heard a small crack, but there is no indication of damage and I can't see anything except for the bend, but I;'m worried why I heard a crack. Any explanation?

6. Shirtin macrumors member

I have the same problem but I have AppleCare+. Can I take it in and get mine repaired?

7. Aditya_S thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, you can replace it in the Apple Store. Unfortunately for me, I don't have Apple Care and my warranty ended in November, so there is no chance of mine being replaced

8. ShaunAFC3 macrumors regular

9. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

Could be stress on the screen. I really can't say, not a technician. Hopefully nothing internal was damaged.

10. Shirtin macrumors member

I did unbend it mostly so you can do that with yours. I bent it and mostly unbent it when I first got it back in 2014. Heh I was really pissed at the time because this happened in less than a month of me owning it!

11. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Only reason I ever click on these threads.

12. Aditya_S thread starter macrumors 6502

The photo won't be able to show much as the bend is so slight, I only notice it when I push down on the corner with the bend. If I'm not busy I might post comparison shots, but i just saw your guys' posts but I'm unable post pictures. Maybe tomorrow when I'm not busy after school