Bent iPad Pro 9.7

Discussion in 'iPad' started by darkgremio, Jun 17, 2016.

1. darkgremio macrumors 6502

Alright my iPad Pro 9.7 that I recently purchased appears to have a bend in it slightly. There is no apparent wear and it's been in a case the whole time.

I am faced with dilemma of returning it or exchanging it, but I purchased it at Wal-Mart.

I also purchased Apple Care for it, so I don't know which option to choose from.

What would you recommend?

How will it work if I exchange it at Walmart with Apple Care I purchased separately?

If I go to the Apple Store will they give me a new one, since I have Apple Care? and there's no apparent damage except for this weird bend.

2. Feenician macrumors 68040

Feenician

Apple Care or not if you bought the device with that issue then both retailers are legally obliged to replace it. If you damaged it then you may have a a difficult time. If I were you I'd go the Apple Store, be nice to them (this part is important) and see what they will do for you

3. darkgremio thread starter macrumors 6502

Evidently was able to exchange at said retailer and transfer my Apple Care agreement to the new iPad

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Take good care of it as they will bend if sat on or abused.

5. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Only return never exchange.

6. darkgremio thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know I wasn't reckless with the iPad or sat on it. The bend was nothing like what I have seen it was barely noticeable when put on a flat surface face down

7. laudern macrumors 6502a

My iPad air 2 has a slight bend to it. I probably sat on it a little as it lives on the couch.

8. digitalcuriosity, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016

digitalcuriosity macrumors regular

I have a Samsung tablet that the battery charger over charged it, and the battery swelled and the case split.but it still worked just fine. After first telling me sorry out of warranty from both Samsung and Best Buy where it was bought.
    I reminded Samsung of the danger of fire the tablet might have caused.
    Quickly Samsung sent me a shipping label, and quickly repaired the tablet also had to remind them i also needed a new charger.
    Later after telling Best Buy Samsung fixed it where you did nothing for me, they gave ma a $100 gift card for not helping me in the first place.
    I have a picture i would like to post, but seems i can't post it from my computer, from this forum, anyone know how to post from a computer from this forum?

9. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Why is that?

10. digitalcuriosity macrumors regular

I think they mean get a brand new one, not just an exchange of one that someone might have also returned.