Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jqc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I know you're probably thinking this is a troll post and I dont blame you, but I assure its not.

I noticed that the corners of my ipad air 2 are bent every slow slightly up. Maybe "bent" is not the right word but "curled"? Its ever so slightly but ended up being noticeable. To illustrate what I mean you can do two things: place your ipad on a flat surface like a table, do you notice that the corners are millimeters off the table? Another way is to put the ipad screen down and look at it the same way with a light source on the other side - do you see light coming through a slight gap in the center of the ipad and the table because the bent edges are lifting the center of the tablet slightly off the table?

At first I thought it was because the ipad air 2 was so thin and thus there was some bending/curling going on due to the softness of the aluminum. But then I looked at the two ipad mini 2s in the house and noticed the same thing.

No, it doesnt affect performance, usage, enjoyment, etc etc, but just something interesting I noticed and thought id see if anyone else has noticed this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.