Bento 4 - Input Required

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by VanMac, May 18, 2011.

1. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Hey All.

I have a number of small db utility apps that I would like on my iphone and mac. Things like managing projects, track inventory, etc.

I was looking at getting Bento 4 for the mac and iPhone and rolling my own solutions with it.

Just looking for some input from any one who is using current version, and what your experience has been so far.

Thanks in advance.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Download the demo and try it out for yourself.

3. VanMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Yes, I know I can dl the demo - :rolleyes:

What I'm looking for is some feedback from users of current version, and what their experience has been so far.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What does it matter? Just because something does/doesn't work for someone else doesn't mean it will/won't work for you. Download the free demo and make your own informed decision.

5. VanMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

VanMac

@miles01110 - Thanks for your input. I'm just interested in hearing others experience with this product. Also, the Bento iPhone App is not available for trial.

6. VanMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Feeback

Back to original post....

If anyone is using latest version of Bento for Mac and iPhone, your feedback on product would appreciated.

I may need to go to the full FileMaker Pro version for my needs, but curious to see how actual users of the Bento product have made out, and what your experience has been.

Kind Regards,

7. Big Bad D macrumors regular

I have used Bento on and off for a couple of years and it's fine for simple databases - a bit more attractive than simply listing and searching in a spreadsheet; but does less than you could, for example, create in Excel with macros. But the Bento functionality fast becomes limited particularly if you want to develop even simple relational databases. I eventually made the choice to buy Filemaker Pro - although it is overkill for simple projects, it's relatively easy to learn (compared to MS Access). The decider for me was the offer of 50% off Filemaker Pro if you buy Filemaker Go for iphone. I think this offer is still valid.