besides bleeding and dead pixels, does iPad have other common problems?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by viewliners, May 20, 2011.

1. viewliners macrumors member

besides bleeding and dead pixels, does iPad have other common problems?

the reason I'm asking is that I will only be in the US for one week and my mother-in-law has already ordered one for me. (iPad not officially on sale in my city just yet) this is a 32GB iPad2 with GSM 3G, in white.

Apple's website shows and expected date at my mother-in-law's house just a few days prior to my arrival in the US. that leaves me only a few days to play with it to make sure there are no problems.

there are no corporate Apple Stores in my city, so I cannot exchange it there. there are official Apple authorized resellers and they only repair or exchange with refurbished units.

Thanks in advance for all replies!

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Apparently the other one that's been reported by a few is the glass not being that well stuck down to the right of the home button.

There seems to be a lack of surface area in the teardown views that may be the reason for this, no-one seems sure.
    But some can press the glass down here and it makes a pop sound as it springs up, pulling itself away from the adhesive that should be holding it down in the 1st place.

I'm sure Apple are going to learn many things from the iPad2 construction issues.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

It also causes carpel tunnel syndrome. From not being able to put the thing down for hours at a time... :cool:

4. Ryxsolo macrumors newbie

Scratches on aluminum and frame separating from aluminum backing.

5. Stefx73 macrumors regular