Best $150 and under A2DP Headset

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kildraik, Jan 24, 2011.

1. kildraik macrumors 6502a

kildraik

Hey! I'm looking for an awesome stereo Bluetooth headset, something with a great range in the trebs and mids, and healthy bass notes. Any suggestions? I want hardware thats recently been released, and would like the opinion of fellow macrumors members.

Thanks,

Will

2. dRuEFFECT macrumors newbie

Plantronics BackBeat 903+

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-BackBeat-903-Headset/dp/B00428N9OK/ref=pd_cp_cps_1_img

I've tried almost a dozen a2dp headphones and these were my favorite hands down. Had the original Backbeat 903 when it was made under the Altec Lansing name before I lost them. The Plantronics 903+ was redesigned and shows the battery level on the iphone taskbar, same as the original apple headset and the jawbone icon.

3. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

4. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I just got the Sony Ericson MW600 this week and I could not be happier, I'm getting just over 8½ hours music play which is amazing considering it's size.

The included phones are better than expected but as it has a standard 3.5mm jack I tend to use my other earphones and headphones and have even used it to stream music to a small set of powered speakers.

Have not had any interference or drop outs and call quality is better than my corded headphone\mic.

Range is also very good and I can go out onto the deck or downstairs and still get clear reception in fact yesterday I went to walk the dog and got half way down the driveway before I lost signal as I had left my iPhone on the desk.

Picked them up for $58.00 from AccessoryJack.

[​IMG]

5. m4rk0 macrumors member

unfortunately i couldn't be sadder about a smocking new MW600: got it this week and i am having issues with ios version 4.3. cannot comment on version 4.2.1 cause i hadn't it.

after having paired it with the iphone 4, i am experiencing the followings: calls don't transfer to/from iphone, headphone often doesn't ring, etc - it seems the pairing works rarely, while still keeping both devices synced.
    prior to buy it, i googled and it seemed to me that people were happy until version 4.3; looking further, i found right now some other discussions of people complaining even prior ios' latest update. i am not sure whether i should return it or not.
    fo your interest, reference one, two, three

what's your suggestion?

6. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Wow the design is really cool and slick. So roughly 3hrs of music only is the battery life for that? I'm trying if I'm gonna consider it but the battery life is quite short.