best 2.1 system with my imac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ribbon, Mar 12, 2010.

1. ribbon macrumors member

i've been using the creative i-trigue 3400 for my old computer (which was sold) for almost three years. now i'm searching for a good 2.1 system sound for my imac, since the default speakers just sucks imho.

right now, my main choice would be the creative gigaworks T3. i've also thought about the z2300, but i've read a lot of people saying that they have just power, not sound quality. what do you guys think?

another question is: should I think of buying an external soundcard to plug via usb, or the imac integrated one is good enough?

kind regards.

2. Nuck81 macrumors regular

There are tons of these threads hanging around and they almost always end up the same.

Someone says Logitech, and another person say they suck and you should get Swans, That guy says Swans suck cause they have no bass, then the other guy talks about how clear the swans are, then some random person mentions bose and everyone talks about how bad Bose suck.....

It's a never ending cycle. There are lots of options ALL that are acceptable and just fine, what sounds great and is perfect for one person is not for another. It just depends on the price range that is acceptable, what kind of music you listen too and more importantly HOW you listen to it, so explore and take everything ANYONE says with a grain of salt until you listen and hear for yourself.

With that said I have the Swan m12's Which are great for me and I'm perfectly happy with, but I'm sure before too long someone will say how bad they suck and you need something else instead.

These will get you started

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9179954&postcount=9

3. KevKaos macrumors 6502

I bought the new JBL Creature III's and like them just fine. I'm no audiophile, so that's why they work for me. All depends on how critical you are about the sound you get.

4. Denarius macrumors 6502a

Denarius

We've got an Altec Lansing 2.1 system that does a very good job in my view at a very good price.

5. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Harmon Kardon (soundsticks) are pretty popular, they're also pretty good. Same with JBL Creatures, I have both sets of speakers and can vouch for their quality.
    Neither of them are particularly expensive either.