Best 20-22" 2nd display for MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jesselu10, Jun 22, 2007.

1. jesselu10 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm in the market for a new 20"-22" second flat panel display for my MacBook. I of course really want a Apple Cinema Display, but it doesn't exactly fit my budget. I'm a student, and can use the additional screen space that my 13" Mac does not have.

My question: What is the best display out there that would not distort the Mac OS look and still look good. I don't know what the different monitor specs mean, so I'm basically in the market for anything cheap, reliable, and that looks good. $200 or below, hopefully. Or up to $250 is my limit (is that too low of a limit?)

Thanks so much your help, I really need it! :)

2. shipdestroyer macrumors 6502

Viewsonic VX2035WM is a pretty decent one for around $250. You could also get a refurbished Dell 2007WFP from their online outlet store for around $270.

3. Jessy macrumors regular

4. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I just returned a VS2035WM ($235 after rebate @ Amazon) as it would properly display 1680x1050 - it was randomly scrambling pixels in the image. I replaced it with a Samsung 206BW which worked perfect right out of the box. I paid $280 including tax at Circuit City.

The image on the Samsung looks a little better to me than that of the Viewsonic ignoring the problem I had with the Viewsonic.

If you want to read all about screens and the technology involved, check out this thread. Great info!

5. jesselu10 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

awesome. I was JUST about to post a thread on this exact same topic. I've been looking around for a good 22" (initially 19 or 20 but i looked around and decided 22 would be much better) for my macbook pro to add on some screen realstate for graphics work.

My upper escelon is about 250 too. (dont mean to take over this thread but I figured it's best to ask some specifics here that may help both of us) I am concerned more with color/contrast then delay rate.

7. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I really like the ViewSonic displays right now, I got a 22" one for $200 a couple weeks back and it's been fantastic. They sold out of them though, they still have a 20" ViewSonic here, it's the step right below what I've got, I'd highly recommend it, and at $200 it's still a great deal.