Best 256 Gb SSD for the Macbook Pro 2012?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacPeople, Aug 26, 2012.

1. MacPeople macrumors newbie

Hi, so I recently bought a Macbook Pro non-retina 2.6Ghz 8Gb Ram and 750Gb HDD, and I want to know which is the best 256Gb SSD I can get in terms of preformace and compatibility (I'm running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1). Please can anyone help me!? :)

2. Bauer24 macrumors regular

3. MacPeople thread starter macrumors newbie

But you recommend me this because you had some experience with this SSD or you just has read/listen about it? Sorry for this question, but I wanna buy the one that isn't going to cause me problems

4. Iansjones macrumors newbie

I use the samsung in my late 2011 pro and have move my 750 into the optibay and have no problems with lion or ml.

5. praetorian909 macrumors regular

Here's an article from Anandtech talking about the flash memory based on the Samsung 830 in the new Retina MacBook Pro. So that's what I would go with as well.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6005/apples-new-ssd-its-fast

"Samsung's PM830 is quite honestly the best behaved SSD controller I have used under OS X, it is no surprise that Apple chose it."

6. Bauer24 macrumors regular

I personally own an Intel 520 series, but I bought a Samsung 830 for my brother's MBP and installed it and used it myself for a while. We both love our SSD's. My next SSD will be either an Intel or a Samsung and I'm leaning Samsung right now because Apple uses them already.

7. MacPeople thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the recomendation, so I'm gonna get the Samsung SSD :D:)

8. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Samsung 830 is an awesome SSD, very reliable and very fast. I have experience with it and highly recommend it to anyone.

9. Fed macrumors 6502

May I ask which caddy you used to hold the HDD in place?