Best 2d & 3d CAD softwares for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Space Penguin, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Space Penguin macrumors newbie

Oct 9, 2012
    Hi guys,

Im interested in interior design, architecture and illustration and was wondering what apps are out there that will rival my current collection of software for a similar cost and level of quality. For 3d work I'm using Microspot Interiors Pro which led me to Microspot MacDraft Pro for my 2d work. I really enjoy the product and wondered what you guys thought of these as well as my earlier question of what other products match these.

Thanks a lot :) heres an example of work which is now on their gallery page on the website :D

Space Penguin

Attached Files:

2. DoctorCrap macrumors regular

Oct 6, 2012
    Penang, Malaysia
    Excellent work!
    I thought this thread was about recommending you a few CAD softwares. But anyways here's a few.
    • AutoDesk AutoCAD 2013 (or later versions)
    • Strata Design (Pro versions if not mistaken are available)
    • VectorWorks (Tried a version for landscape designing, thought it was horrible)
    I have never used of MacDraft Pro or Interiors but by the looks of it, an amazing tool!:eek:
  3. Space Penguin thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 9, 2012
    Thanks a lot :)

Yeh I was aiming to see what other softwares people recommend to see if its worth moving onto another one. Strata design looks pretty cool might give it a try! but yeh what i currently use is pretty impressive!