Best 2G iPod Touch Case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by iRyann, Dec 4, 2008.

1. iRyann macrumors regular

iRyann

I know a lot of people post these sort of thread BUT:
    I was just wondering what would be the best 2G iPod Touch case?
    i am looking to spend about £15/$25 on the case.
    Thanks for any help!

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Once upon a time I used a magic box called the forum search and it gave me this :)

thread

thread 2

cheers

3. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

i did say that lots of people post it lol!
    thanks for the links anyway mate!

4. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

It depends on your preference. If you are completely paranoid about your iPod then get a huge thick case with a screen protector and all.

5. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I got the Incase today £19.53 at the Apple Store. Will do a video review on it, in short - its fantastic. Loving the grip aspect to it.

6. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

Wicked! I look forward to viewing it, defiantly post it in here please!

7. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Its now up ;)

8. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

awesome vid, very convincing and will now probably get the case!

9. Kwats macrumors member

My favorite case for the iPod touch for the second generation is the ifrogz luxe I've had the switcheasy rebel touch and the incase slider and the shadescase which is one of my favorite so get that one

10. nohite macrumors member

The best case I've found so far is Incase slider High Gloss White. It's a beautiful case, Apple like design, great protection, very sturdy and scratch resistant. To me it's the perfect case. I may get another one if they come out with more vibrant colors.

11. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I have the rebel touch by switcheasy and I love it. For $25, you get a great case, two screen protectors, a headphone extender cable, a video stand, and a protector for your dock connector on your iPod. Switcheasy released a new case as well, the neo touch, which offers similar protection and extras, but is thinner.

www.switcheasy.com

12. hugo7 macrumors regular

No expense spared

Slightly above the $25 mentioned by OP, I've got this one (griffin reflect)

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/reflectipod

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TU283VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA4Mg&mco=MjQyMDQzMA

It has a chrome front plate (which matches the bevel it covers) and a dark grey back plate which has this wonderful texture (a bit like suede or nubuck). The case adds very little bulk (in size or weight) and it also fits very snugly which prevents the touch from moving around and being scratched by any trapped particles. The case parts are also very easy to remove and clean. The included screen protector is not very good so I bought a zagg invisible shield front plate which has been exceptional.

My ipod is truly covered.

13. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

FWIW-- the first gen Touch that I'm borrowing until I buy my own has an Incase silicone on it. It seems nicely protective and gives a good grip. However, I tend to carry the device in a pocket (pants or jacket) and the grippy silicone makes getting it in and out difficult. I'll be looking for something more smooth, but also slim, when I get my own Touch. Any suggestions?

14. mikeman13 macrumors newbie

15. descartes macrumors 6502

I have the same problem. I don't like the really plasticky ones but they are the easiest to take in/out of pocket.

16. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

Is this case under a screen? it looks kinda cool but i would still put a plastic screen protector on just in case!
    anyone backing me up on this?

17. fotos4fun macrumors newbie

I use the ISnug as my case ...

Here is my solution ...

When I had just an IPod, I had a case called ISnug which I found some where cheap. It's a zippered case with a styrofoam insert made to fit the IPod. THere is eve na little pocket for your headphones.

My ITouch is inserted in a rubber frame which you can find in a lot of places and always stays in that when I am using it.

I took a utility knife to the styrofoam in the ISnug and with very little effort, made a perfect fit for my ITouch including the rubber frame. I place it in it face down so the screen is always protected.

When I am not using it, or just carrying it, its in the ISnug.

It can be a little bulky at times, but I'm more concerned with protection. The glass screen is wonderful, makes video outstanding but I'm always afraid of breaking it.

Hope this helps ...

Happy Holidays ...:)

ALAN

18. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Zagg

It's not a case but it is tough and is scratch proof. Make Invisible Shield your friend.

http://www.zagg.com/

I am a user only and not part of the company...

19. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

IMHO the best cases are the ones you can barely see. I don't see much point in Apple making these things look so slick and cool only to have people cover them up with some thick ugly leather case. Personally I'd look into getting a silicone case.

20. jamescliff macrumors newbie

21. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    a lot of different recommendations to consider. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a 2g 32gb iPod Touch that I really should start protecting.

22. iRyann thread starter macrumors regular

iRyann

Looks very very reliable. Will they ship to the UK though? I notice that it is all in US Dollars and being English I don't really use Dollars.
    Will they ship to UK?

23. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Yeah they will but you'd be better getting it of flebay who are authorised resellers of the 'Zagg' brand.

I picked one up for my iPod Touch 2G a few days back (see my videos in sig for installation).

24. three macrumors 6502a

three

http://bestskinsever.com

I have a full body one on my 1st generation touch, it's great and is much better than any bulky case.

25. rickytowner macrumors member

rickytowner